These terms apply to all custom projects! I reserve the right to turn down a commission for any reason. These terms may change over the course of my business. By commissioning me, you’ve agreed to all of these terms. Anything agreed to in writing (including emails, personal messages on social media, etc) is considered a binding contract.
- I will work with minors! Since people under 18 can't legally have a Paypal account, I require the payments to be made by your guardian. You also need to have them contact me saying they consent to you commissioning me, and provide me with a copy of their ID so I know they're real. Unfortunately there have been minors going behind their parents' backs to commission, and that is not okay. I will need the name, date of birth, and the expiry date of the ID, everything else you can black out.
- I do not take commissions of copyrighted characters, for legal reasons. I CAN, for example, make a costume/kigu of a "Bulbasaur OC" that has design variations to the original design of this Pokemon. The kigu design must be slightly different than the copyrighted character.
- Quotes for kigurumis or fursuit parts are always open. The quote forms are located on the Contact / Quotes page. Note that the wait time for me to email your quote to you is a few days to a couple weeks: I am busier than ever. Please wait patiently for your quote to arrive. I do try and finish all quotes before I open for more commissions.
- Quotes for fursuit parts and kigurumis last until I raise my prices. After that, edits must be made to the quote to bring it to the current prices I offer.
- You need to submit reference images to get a quote. No NSFW art, please. If you don't give me images I will disregard your request.
- Quotes do NOT mean you've accepted a commission, and they do not guarantee a spot in my queue. They are merely a statement of what it WOULD cost if you commissioned me.
- Quotes are non-obligation! Once I've emailed you, there's no further actions needed on your part (though a thank-you is always nice!). However, if you do want to talk about the quote details and change some stuff, don't hesitate to reply.
- You cannot pay me to guarantee a commission slot for you when the slots aren't open yet. I only fill slots when they are open.
- The currency I use is USD. I’ll send out a PayPal invoice to get your payment. It will be coming from email@example.com.
- YES, payment plans are totally okay! I never require the full amount in the beginning if you can't do it. It's up to you to make your own payment plan and stick to it; I do not currently have the time to hound people about payments. I will keep working if you keep sending payments in. You should probably pay within a 6-month window however, because I believe that's when the purchase protection from Paypal runs out!
- Because I use invoices, you are able to make partial payments, in whatever increment you want, whenever you want. I am flexible.
- I will usually refrain from gluing the fur onto the fursuit head base until the entire payment has been made, because if someone ghosts after it's glued down, it is much harder to make changes to the character to sell them as a premade.
- For kigurumi commissions, the down payment is $100, to cover the cost of materials. Once I have that, I can begin work. Then you can pay off the rest at any time, in any increments you want while I'm working - I'm flexible! It's up to you to keep yourself on schedule. I won't ship the kigu until you finish paying for it.
- For costume parts, I calculate the material cost, and require that before I can start. The rest of the balance, you can pay off in any increments you want. When you're finished paying the commission off and I'm finished making it, I'll send it out!
- The materials payment for costumes and kigurumis is considered the deposit, and is nonrefundable once I've bought the materials.
- If you cancel your commission after work has been started, you don’t need to pay anything else. A refund will be given based on how much work has been done and how much you've paid of the non-material (labor) cost.
- In the event of a cancelled commission, I reserve the right to alter and sell the product to someone else. I will attempt to change the design to be distinct from your character.
- I ship through USPS by default, though if you want to opt for Fedex or UPS, let me know.
- I pack all items in clear plastic recyclable bags to protect from water damage, in the event the post office mishandles your box.
- I'm not liable for any damaged or lost packages or missed deadlines due to shipping service issues.
- For kigurumis, shipping is a flat $20. When mailing your kigu, I select the best shipping option in this budget!
- For costume parts, I need to weigh them when they're done. An approximate shipping price will be calculated using online shipping calculators, and will be added to a new invoice.
- If you want to opt to pay for priority 2-day shipping or any other specific shipping, be sure to let me know once you get a confirmed commission slot.
- I do ship internationally, but be prepared for expensive shipping. Please tell me if you are outside of the US once you get a commission slot.
- For international customers: when I do your quote, I can estimate shipping cost for you, just let me know where you are. This cost will be added to your invoice (in the event you get a commission) in lieu of the normal $20 shipping price I give to US customers.
- Generally, I will not work with deadlines. I don't want any of my projects to feel rushed. That being said, I never take multiple years to make a costume.
- For kigurumis, I make 1 every month, usually finished on or before the last day of the month.
- When I add you to my queue, I will give you an estimate of when I think I will get to start your project, but this is an approximation based on the amount of people that are ahead of you in my queue, and is subject to change. I will not rush any projects so that I get to yours sooner.
- In some instances, I may try to finish your commission in time for a convention, but this is at my discretion.
- I will not currently accept payments to secure a deadline, or to secure a commission slot outside of my regular commission application process (that means no bribing).
- It would be mortifying to hear of any issues with my creations, so I would be very much eager to fix it if I can! Please contact me if anything goes wrong so I can both try to fix it, and also learn what I might be doing wrong and correct my methods!
- All commissions have a 60-day warranty that covers defect in material and my own workmanship. It does not cover damage you caused by misuse, normal wear and tear, or incorrect sizing.
- I am not liable to sizing issues due to faulty measurements on your part. Try to get accurate measurements for your commission!
- For popped seams, buttons falling off, loose stitching, etc: You pay to ship it to me, I pay to ship it back to you! There is no charge for fixes if it's something I did wrong.
- For alterations to the fit, adding features like a face, changing hair type, etc: Shipping both ways is paid by client. A charge for alterations will be given as well.
- If you send back your project to be altered/fixed, please wash it beforehand.
WIPs, Pics, and Social Media
- I like to send tons of work-in-progress pics to your messaging platform of choice. If you ever want more pics of a certain area of the project, don't hesitate to ask.
- I also will post wips and finished product photos to my social media accounts (Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, Amino).
- If the commission is a gift / secret, let me know once you get a commission slot!
- I will want to feature your product, once finished, on my website/portfolio as well. If you have a problem with this, contact me.